Tuesday, May 17, 2011


One day I found this Praying Mantis on the bogolan printing table on my verandah.
I am now far,far away from Djenne of course. I am writing from the depths of Stockwell, London, but I thougt the picture might introduce a lovely prayer from last Sunday at my old church, St. Francis of Assissi in Notting Hill.
It was a First Communion Service and the church was teeming with parents and their ten year old off spring: girls in tiaras and white veils and boys in their first suits. The priest gave us his 'Parents Prayer' to say:

'Gracious God, here are our children....Guide them and inspire them,
Call them and strengthen them to respond to adventures you have prepared for them,..
Help them to get to know themselves and to enjoy the person you created them to be'

That can be prayed for all of us I think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Gilliane said...

Sophie, YES, INDEED ! Beautiful and worthwhile words.

9:32 PM  
Blogger toubab said...

I wish you were here Gilliane, I have done nothing but work like a maniac for the last week or so on a report for Kenwood House and a possible floorcloth for their Entrance Hall - I have just finished and want to go for a drink to celebrate! When will I see you????

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home