Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A protest and some bona fide hotel guests

"I always read your blog. I left mali two years ago and I enjoy hearing about your life in Djenné. When I lived in Bamako I had a travel agency together with my husband.
We operated Under the name mali Yaara Adventure Tours and our website was/is
www.maliadventuretours.com

When I read your latest blog entry I was shocked that  a "tour guide" from mali Ad
venture Tours stood you up- after  receiving  money from you! 
I don't know who that person was an I assure you that he has nothing to do with us!
Sending you greetings from Switzerland,
best,
Haike Spiller."

 Of course, I thought at the time that the swindlers might well have just  used the name of an agency they may have worked for in the past. Anyway  I thought I should publish Haike's indignant message, to wipe the name of the agency quite clean and ready for future use!

And this last Sunday we did have a bona fide group with us who did not let us down: 17 intrepid  Italians had travelled here through morocco and mauritania in their 4X4s, just like in the old days! God bless the Italians and their total distrust and
disregard for any government warnings: especially their own!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan Scheid said...

So good to see this--both the guests and the note from the real Mali Adventures people.

10:20 PM  
Blogger toubab said...

yes indeed! Thank you Susan, as always, for following the blog!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home