Saturday, June 12, 2010


My old pal Neville came over from New York and we went to Brighton and had lots of fun on the pier eating candy floss on a rainy English summer's day a couple of weeks ago...
The Holiday Merry-Go-Round has now taken me to my final destination, to Sweden and my mother and MNL, where I am spending two weeks by the lake. But Mali is beckoning and I am studying Bambara again, just like two years ago. This is the only time I ever seem to get to do any proper Bambara studies, and I am of course deeply ashamed that I don’t speak the Mali Lingua Franca after over four years in Djenne...
I will also be making new styles for the MaliMali shop, and I am receiving lots of bookings for the new season which is shaping up well. Keita is on the phone every other day from Mali, excited about the World Cup and supporting Ghana.

4 Comments:

Blogger Clare said...

Sophie - Help!! I've made a blog too with Blogger, but I cannot find it on the internet... Is there any reason for this, that you know of? Please let me know as no-one can find me unless I leave a link on FaceBook... x

4:12 PM  
Blogger toubab said...

Hello Clare,
I have just been to your blog! Just clic on your name here on the left and you will get there.
Good luck at the gym!
xxSophie

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home