Wednesday, September 11, 2013

There is no need for me to write anything today- just go and visit David's blog: http://www.davidnice.blogspot.co.uk/and you will get a much better travelogue and account of a late summer  visit to my mother and husband's Dalarna in Sweden   than I can come up with, complete with detailed culinary trials.. !
 People sometimes bear a slight resemblance to something from the animal kingdom, and I remember playing a fun game called 'what sort of Bathroom are you?' In this game  one has to guess who one is talking about by describing them as say, a bathroom; a plant; a style of music or indeed an animal. Well, if we played this game and my mother's husband Gillis (above) was the person to be so discribed, I would definitely describe him as an elk. A forester by profession; a great hunter and wildlife expert  he must have slowly adopted its looks and characteristics over a whole lifetime...

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I didn't want to be so rude as to say that, Sophie, but you're quite right: in another frontal shot I'm going to send them Gillis and elk are brethren. But he's also such a fine, strong, handsome man, clearly your mother adores him - and 87? Is it possible? Encouraging for us all, love and passion in advanced old age...

10:19 AM  
Blogger toubab said...

Yes, isn't it great! I am quite jealous of my mother! They are so much in love and so happy together. Who needs youth??

4:37 PM  
Blogger David said...

See Henrietta's remark over there about how gorgeous you look even in a simple blue sweater while plucking berries. You can take the model away from Paris, but you can't take le style Parisien-Suedois out of the model...

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home