Friday, May 22, 2015

"A Fortress for Ewoks???"

I had been looking forward to a feature written about the hotel and also about MaliMali's fabrics in Newsweek; It is now out, but very disappointing: first of all, instead of using the gorgeous pictures that the photographer took of the hotel or of the bogolan -or of me for that matter! they trot out an old picture of the mosque!  And frankly, reading the text it would  certainly not give me any wish to go to this town or my hotel! I am very cross.
http://europe.newsweek.com/getting-away-it-all-war-zone-327651

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

You're right, the tone is rather hard and cynical - not entirely negative, but not nice even while giving basic outlines. 'Ewok' backwards, incidently, comes out as the phonetic equivalent of 'cow'.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Susan Scheid said...

I think the writer of the article needs to have some quality time in a damp jail cell. Nonetheless, they say that all publicity is good publicity!

2:13 AM  
Blogger toubab said...

yes, Susan and David, that thing about 'all publicity being good publicity' is what I try to keep telling myself..

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home