Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Critical moments arriving here: but Ace and his labourers struggle on in the face of still rising water. How much more can we take? The water has now arrived to the level it attained in 2010. But that was at the end of October! Will the water keep rising? We just ordered another lorry load of sand. Mali’s problems on a greater scale have momentarily taken a secondary position. Meanwhile there is no stopping the work at the MaliMali studio although we now have to access it on a path of sandbags. We are working on a large order for an Interior Design Studio in Holland. And we have just received another one from France! All thanks to the World of Interior page I think. (something has happened with the Blogger soft ware and I cannot make any breaks in my text! Therefore it is tedious to look at and difficult to read. Bear with me!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan Scheid said...

Wonderful to hear of these successes for MaliMali. As to the rest, may the water subside! Learned from David's blog of your floorcloths. How beautiful they are. Is there no end to your capabilities?

2:31 AM  
Blogger toubab said...

Ah Susan, ever supporting!
So good to have your kind comments, since things are getting difficult here, frankly... Have escaped the humid heat and the water that encircles us into my rooms for the afternoon with a cold beer and some peanuts. I intend to see noone. An afternoon of escapism, reading old blogs from happier times! xS

2:47 PM  
Blogger Susan Scheid said...

How I wish I could wish away the rising water for you. Lacking such powers, I nonetheless send my wishes and constant good thoughts. Cold beer and peanuts, escapism, that seems just the ticket in such times.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home