Thursday, December 28, 2006

A belated Merry Christmas from Hotel Djenné Djenno! At midnight on Christmas eve the above group of jolly American peace Corps volunteers arrived, seeking a room for the night, because there was no room at the inns in town. Fortunately I didn't need to put them in a stable with a crib but I was able to offer them the Malinke suite, the last accommodation available.

But being a hotelière is a rather overwhelming experience. I feel as if I had been hit by a tsunami, or as if a huge untamed wild animal had arrived on the forecourt of the hotel, overturning everything and demanding total and devoted attention 24 hours a day. Now I have to tame this animal, and it will take some strength and calm and concentration. There are problems, but everyone has had a good time, and all the guests have left satisfied and telling me they had a really lovely time in a very beautiful location: what more can I ask?
And I have a new chef: Papa arrived yesterday and he will be good. He made lovely crisp and dry chips and grilled chicken for me an Keita last night- we are both totally wiped out, but happy. I will try and write soon....! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Biggles said...

Congratulations on the Beast.
May it soon be tamed :-).
Glad to see you made your start date.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home