Saturday, May 17, 2008


One of the only regrets I have about living in Africa is the fact that I may never get to experience a proper Swedish winter again. Christmas is firmly a Djenne fixture in the agenda, and the whole winter is of course high-season in tourism terms.
I am now staying for a few weeks with my mother and her new lover (see entry May 7 2007).
And what outlandish spectacle presented itself to us when we got up this morning?
A wholly unseasonable snow landscape, worthy of the finest Christmas card!

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Unglaublich! At first I thought you were dredging up Swedish winter pics to advertise Xmas in Djenne - but no, it's the real thing.

Here it rains and freezes the bones after a week of idyllic heat.

Skol,

D&Jxx

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home